Congratulations to our winners!
Second Prize, a National Air and Space Museum Series' Apollo Astronaut replica from Code 3 Collectibles, goes to David Hitt, who devoted 21 entries in his daily blog (web log) All These Worlds promoting a variety of collectSPACE features including Rick Houston's Go/No Go DVD reviews and buySPACE products. "The idea," writes Hitt, "was to demonstrate that [cS] has something for everyone who is interested in space." Hitt did such a good job of generating traffic that Google now ranks his blog second only to our own website in the search for "collectSPACE".
And our Grand Prize, winner of a 2005 membership in the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation's Astronaut Autograph Club, goes to Cliff Lentz who incorporated collectSPACE into his five minute weekly space updates on 610 WIP-AM Sports Talk Radio out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He related the segments to their football fan listeners through the tagline, "The Eagle has landed!" Tells Lentz, "the host even repeated the web address several times in trying to joke with the other hosts. 'CollectSpace.com! If [host] Al Morganti had a website it would probably be Taking Space .com!'". Lentz also hung over 100 signs promoting cS near and around Lincoln Financial Field for four football games where any of the 60,000 fans attending were likely to spot them to and from the stadium.
Congratulations Cliff and David! And thank you to all who participated! Look for our next Challenge in early January!
Over the past few years, you have shared with us your grassroots efforts to bring new readers to collectSPACE. Now we want to award your creative ideas with our first annual Challenge: Campaign! giveaway.
The grand prize is a membership in the 2005 Astronaut Autograph Club, a $600 value! More prizes below...
Here's how to win: One month from today on December 9th, we will pick five winners who have done the best job directing new people to collectSPACE through positive publicity campaigns. Except where limited below, you can use any medium available to you, including photographs, artwork, posters, radio, television, movies, and websites.
You can do something small or something big, but the goal is the same: spread the word, and provide us proof.
Remember, this is a publicity campaign, so posting a picture in the our Messages forum, for example, wouldn't qualify. You need to spread the word about this site to people who could benefit from collectSPACE but probably haven't seen it yet.
That could be people at your high school or university, people at your store, people who watch your TV show, or whomever you think you can reach. Don't worry about tracking the numbers - we'll do that - you just deliver the publicity and proof of your efforts by which we will select the winners.
Promote it, then prove it...
Submit all entries (i.e. audio files, photographs, web links, videos, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name and one altnerate (to e-mail) means of contacting you.
Please download our logo for use in your videos, pictures, and artwork. Do not manipulate the logo in any way.
Great publicity earns great prizes...
Grand Prize: A full year's membership in the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation's 2005 Astronaut Autograph Club - a $600 value! Beginning in January, every month you will receive a personalized letter and authentically autographed photo from famous astronauts including moonwalkers Buzz Aldrin and Alan Bean; Mercury astronaut Scott Carpenter; Apollo astronauts Jim McDivitt and Rusty Schweickart; Skylab astronauts Jack Lousma, Jerry Carr and Bill Pogue; and Space Shuttle astronauts Robert "Hoot" Gibson and Norm Thagard. For more information about the Astronaut Autograph Club, see www.astronautscholarship.org.
Second Prize: A National Air and Space Museum Series' Apollo Astronaut replica from Code 3 Collectibles, featuring a 24k gold plated helmet visor and a sculpted lunar base. As described by Captain Eugene Cernan (Apollo 17), "Does it look like me? It's as authentic as it gets ...next to the real thing. It brings back many memories." The winner will also receive an autographed copy of Cernan's biography, "Last Man on the Moon". For more information about the National Air and Space Museum series, see www.code3.net.
Good luck and have fun!
The Official Rules
• Your campaign must be legal and in good taste.
• Your publicity efforts must include 'collectspace.com' at least once, and may include the collectSPACE logo. However, your efforts must not infringe other companies' trademarks, copyrights or intellectual property rights.
• You may use any of the following slogans in your campaign, or create one of your own: "The Source for Space History and Artifacts." "got space?" or "Artifacts from the conquest of the final frontier."
• You expressly agree that you are not acting as an employee, agent, or independent contractor for collectSPACE.
• You must take full financial responsibility for your publicity campaign, and must not require financial expenditures from collectSPACE, its editors, or moderators.
• E-mail (spam) publicity and any other illegal or potentially illegal publicity is expressly banned, strongly discouraged, and disqualified. We will cooperate with authorities in the event of any illegal act, so please use good judgment.
• Each submission must include acceptable proof of the publicity, and each entrant's submissions will be considered collectively as one submission. Proof of visual publicity must include (a) photograph(s) or video of the visual materials, and proof of audio publicity must include audio recordings of the audio materials.
• collectSPACE owners, moderators and editors are disqualified from competition.
• You cannot require the participation of a collectSPACE moderator or editor in your promotion.
• No purchase is necessary to enter.
• The giveaway will begin as of this posting. This giveaway will expire on December 9, 2004 at 11:59 pm CST.
• Submit materials as many times as you like. Provide email address when uploading your picture. An invalid email address voids entry. All materials will be considered collectively.
• Must be 18 years or older to enter.
• Void where prohibited.
• collectSPACE is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. collectSPACE has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
• Private information and contest materials submitted by individuals becomes the property of collectSPACE. collectSPACE will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver prize to winner.
• Winners will be notified by email and announced at collectSPACE.com.
• Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of collectSPACE, the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation, or Code 3 Collectibles are not eligible.
• Any and all taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
• The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with collectSPACE.
• collectSPACE reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of Texas, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by collectSPACE. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at collectSPACE.
• Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, or the systems or services of collectSPACE will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of Texas, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
• Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
© 2018 collectSPACE.com All rights reserved.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com