NASA is inviting social media users to apply for credentials
to attend the March 16, 2014 launch for the next cargo resupply flight to the International Space Station (ISS) by Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX).
The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is targeted to liftoff at 4:41 a.m. EST March 16 from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.
A maximum of 50 social media users will be selected to attend the two-day event on Mar. 15 and 16 and will be given the same access as news media in an effort to align the experience of social media representatives with those of traditional media. NASA Social media accreditation for the SpaceX launch opens at 3 p.m. EST Friday, Feb. 7. For U.S. social media, the deadline to apply is 3:00 p.m. EST Wednesday, Feb. 19. All social media accreditation applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
NASA Social participants will have the opportunity to:
- view a launch of SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket
- tour NASA facilities at Kennedy Space Center
- speak with representatives from both NASA and SpaceX
- view and take photographs of the SpaceX launch pad
- meet fellow space enthusiasts who are active on social media
- meet members of SpaceX and NASA's social media teams