From: Madrid, Spain
Registered: Oct 2013
posted 08-11-2014 05:37 AM
I am looking for the Pre-Advisory Data (PADs) of the Apollo 15 mission, between about GET 226 and GET 290; this period corresponds to the trans‐earth coast.
Some info is available in the Apollo 15 Final Flight Plan, e.g., the Verb 49 maneuver numbers near GET 225:37 give: V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (226:28) (327,143,055) HGA P+13, Y212 ch@225:27:58. This was to move the X-ray experiment field-of-view to the direction of the constellation Centaurus. Also, the last Verb 49 maneuver is available there (V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (275:00) (196,346,012) HGA P _, Y _ ch@274:37:43).
However, for the other Verb 49 maneuvers, they are not given:
I assume the information is available on the PADs. This info was communicated to the astronauts, who confirmed the numbers. However, I've browsed through all the Apollo 15 mission transcripts, but couldn't find any of these numbers. I have also scoured various NASA (history) archives, but no success (even not in various parts of Flight Director's logs).
- V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (237:15) ( , ,) HGA P , Y
- V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (245:45) ( , ,) HGA P , Y
- V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (246:35) ( , ,) HGA P 00, Y 240 ch@245:56:23
- V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (261:50) ( , ,) HGA P , Y
- V49 MNVR TO X-RAY POINTING ATTITUDE (274:15) ( , ,)
If anyone knows whether they have been stored or not, and, if so, where to find them, please let me know.